Saturday, March 01, 2008

Changing Times...!!!!!

Year 1994 - 'Hum Aapke hain Kaun'
Watching 'Hum aapke hain kaun' during one weekend , I remembered,this is the movie which my parents have seen before taking us to theatre, way back in 1994, when it has been released. They wanted to ensure that we watch a safe movie, without any fights, vulgar scenes etc. After watching it and satisfied with its content they have allowed us to watch the movie the next day. Being in the middle class family and too small I have failed to understand it.
Year 2007 - 'Guru'
My parents have decided to visit Bangalore and alongwith other things, I wanted to show them a movie in PVR theatre, yes guys PVR is still not there in Udaipur. But the difficult task was to choose a movie which can be seen with parents. I chose 'Guru' as I have seen it before and my mind has declared it safe for my parents.Whenever I think about this paradigm shift, I have to admit, time indeed has changed. .
Frankly speaking its difficult...err.....sorry, its impossible ...to watch even a so called family serial with parents, you never know what will happen next, a couple can come lip-locking out of nowhere,forget about fight scenes, there are so many scenes where you have to ask for an excuse to leave, or you will not be able to look into the eyes of your parents afterwards.
Looking at two sides of the coin I have realized that time has changed indeed and it has changed considerably.
Now you can only imagine about the old world where Parents used to decide the limits for their children, welcome to the new happening/vibrant/Yo world where the limits for the parents are decided by their children.

No comments: