Monday, October 10, 2011

Decision.....!!!!!!

"Steve Jobs is dead", someone said when we were in a training...!!!

A little google on the guy revealed many things about his life and decisions he had made....

Reluctantly....it also forced me to do some thinking.......especially on the years spent so far in my life...doing one thing or the other, irrespective of whether I liked it or not or whether I wished for it at the first place or not.....many incidents happened with sweet and bitter memories but I could not single out one where I had been the decision maker.......All my decisions had been taken by someone else with me being a mere approver........

I went to school which my parents selected for me.....took courses which were suitable to get high scores and then to ensure a suitable admission in an engineering college.....college and course were again of course approved by parents...Had an arranged marriage....

Well, my intent is not to downplay the roles of my parents whom I love dearly and respect their decisions and wisdom...and also all their decisions have been good for me......but sometimes when life asks me a simple question........"whats the single decision you have taken and have stood by it against all the odds" I simply never had an answer......sometimes during the journey on the path of life....you would like to just sit and ask this question to yourself and ponder...........

All decisions, definitely would have not gone well, if I would have had not approved them....so some way or the other they have been approved by me..though they were not mine....so frankly speaking...there is no one to blame............all decisions were indirectly mine.....

I guess, its easy to talk about walking on a tight rope but most of us miss the opportunity to take a stand and select the path which we believe in....may be we lack direction or we are bad at sensing opportunity...since, if universe is a friendly place, it must have given us many opportunities.....do we lack wisdom or do we think so much that fear gets a chance to grow exponentially ? or we are too happy with the way things are and never actually want things to change ?

I am doing the soul searching....what about you ?

No comments: